The experience of Therme Vals
Stone and water at various temperatures, the play of light changing continuously throughout the day, a mystic source of calm – the Therme Vals.
But the bathing experience can only be restorative and an unmitigated pleasure when the noise level is kept low. The Therme is not a fun pool where people yell and shout, jump in, splash and take holiday snaps.
The real spa experience is only possible in a quiet environment. We would ask you, as a bathing guest, to respect the Therme as a haven of peace and recuperation.
You can leave your hotel room key at the spa desk or use a small locker in the room by the indoor pool ( behind the blue door towards the emergency exit). Please ask at the spa desk or the pool attendant.
Please do not block a clothes locker just for the key.
Bathing etiquette and your safety
- A wet floor can be slippery. Please give attention and walk careful.
- There are steps and thresholds in the Therme. The first step is right after the turnstile. Please pay attention when entering.
- Please be aware that the sounding stones room as well as the various pools that are hidden from sight, such as the Fire pool, Ice pool, Sound pool and the Floral pool cannot be overseen by our staff constantly.
- The Therme is a sanctuary of peace and quiet. Please do not use any sports equipment and refrain from noisy behavious such as jumping into the water.
- The number of lounge chairs in the bath is limited. The chairs are to be used for relaxation in between the baths. Please don't occupy the chairs with your towel while you are bathing.
- Photography is not permitted in the Therme
- Children are allowed access to the Therme from five years of age when accompanied by an adult.
For guests of the Hotel Therme
From 07 am to 11 am the Therme is reserved exclusively for our hotel guests.
The bracelet given to you upon check-in in is valid for the whole of your stay until noon on the day you leave.
A very special experience for our adult hotel guest, is the Night Bathing, on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 11 pm to 0.30 am. Bathing is silent then, no sound is uttered, only the sounds of the water can be heard. The senses are sharpened, the bathing acquires a new dimension of intensity. Please respect the silence while nightbathing. You will appreciate how important and how appropriate this is for yourselves.Thank you, on behalf of all our guests, for your understanding and cooperation.
Wishing you a wonderful, relaxing and quiet spa experience.
Temporaries and house Selva:
The three-digit number on the inside of the collar should help you to identify your bathrobe in the Therme.
You can rent a bathrobe at the spa desk (CHF 16.- per day).
The bathrobe can also be purchased for CHF 90.- .